Friday, August 17, 2007

The Last Journey

As I walk down heavens path,
A wind, whispers into my ear,
It urges me to look back,
To feel myself how much pain,
Have I caused to others.
I accept this invitation gratefully,
And look back into my past life,
One, which I don’t want to remember,
But have to, because of the cross,
I wear it, it’s boldly outlined,
On my neck, it tells me all the things,
I am able to judge right and wrong now.
I respect the symbol, after all I know it carried him, Christ was his name,
The cruciform bore him until he drifted away, to a place a few privileged go to,
One place, which is said to be paradise!
Now I see my previous years, Opened in front of my eyes, like the book I had read yesterday,
I start feeling the emotions now,
Some of which I can still enact on trying,
The power of the cross is doing it’s job,
From head to toe, I drown in guilt,
I mean I choke, I recall the night,
The ghastly one, where I did something bad,
Which I really don’t wish to disclose.
The cross starts to flicker again,
I’ll tell you my sin now,
I killed her brutally and threw her,
Into, a well from where she never returned
My fair beloved is dead,
Dead because of her beloved,
This is all I picture,
I feel a force inside me,
Tearing my heart apart.
The cross then breaks!
It had dome it’s job, played it’s part,
As for me, I disappear,Into a blinding light, with a heavy heart!

No comments: