Friday, August 17, 2007

Time For Death

The morning is fresh,
The new day sunny.
Without any fear,
I walk out of my abode,
To face the new people,
My new boss patiently.
Have I slept well?
The night before?
I ask myself questions,
(To overcome my nervousness),
The streets here are different,
The smells too, assorted,
I try to take in all this,
Wondering, whether I’ll be able to digest it.
The narrow lane turns,
I turn with it,
And almost instantly I reach,
My destiny/ destination,
Confronted by a tall structure,
A building or a modern slum,
I can’t seem to make out!
Here I stand, in a mixed gathering,
Wherein, all I can see,
Are humans,
Age, cast, colour, size, no bar
Time seems to fly by, my turn it is,
I get ready to face the heavenly figure.
He is standing there,
Glaring down at me in that mute expression,
His mystical eyes scare me,
Then I realize it,
He stamps my forehead,
I examine it,
A pass mark lies there,
Bold and prominent.
I pass into a glaring light,
I pass the test,
I am dead now,
Heaven awaits me!

No comments: