Friday, August 17, 2007

A Reflection

There he is they scream aloud,
There he is in the distance.
Who is that lad, and what is that burning?
Oh! A flame in existence.

He looks so much like me,
With those innocent looking eyes,
And that expressionless, charming face that is
Held up in praise of skies

He marches down the yellow brick road,
Striding stealthily across the street,
Each step this lad takes,
Is followed by a dove’s cry!

The figure comes up to a close,
Then the unnoticed is noticed,
His hands held up strongly against,
A white Flag which is hoisted

I go up to him and ask him,
Who are you? What is your mission?
He looks at me with knowing eyes and says,
I am you and peace is my vision.

The skies can open, the earth can tremble,
The oceans can churn and show their wrath,
But my friend, my destiny is to spread peace
And I will never move from my path.

I am your image, you are the chosen one
Take the world with you,
With your passion, effort and perseverance,
You will create a world which is new!

( Published in “ One Hundred Poems For Peace “ )

No comments: