Friday, August 17, 2007

Resurrected Memories

Fifty years hence, I am familiar to the world, but unfamiliar to myself,
Tall, Confident, Big.
A rich man, with a rich beard,
Entwined in my suit, giving that pepper look.

A host of cars at my side,
I can see, slaves at my beck and call.
Shiny new boots perched at my feet down there,
Giving that utter, eternal expression of bliss.

As I pass a mirror, I glance upon myself, and see,
The sudden changes in my childish face,
The immense power in my manly voice,
And the aristocracy in my posture.

My eyes have given away their ghastly glow,
Everything has changed, immediately,
My ears make me hear a deafening silence,
Depriving me totally of my childhood!

I quietly observe my face,
Chiseled to death by the long slogging days,
Nowhere can I see that chubby face, those dimples,
That were once such a craze amongst all.

As my mouth opens, I jump back in amazement,
Such changes, I really have never seen,
The assorted teeth now lie there mundane,
They have forgotten mother’s peach plum pie!

Now I search for that animated boy,
Who was generous, yet strong?
Who has grown with the descent of time,
Into a vile, belligerent man.

I realize the changes,
I realize my follies,
And am shrunk into a tiny worm,
Capable of saying nothing. Nothing absolutely.


I realize that I as a big man,
Am greedy, mean to the world,
And capable of destroying the human race,
Are my pathetic thoughts!

But the memories have opened my eyes,
The resurrection has purified me entirely,
And I promise to change soon,
And act like a responsible citizen with minimal needs.






No comments: