Friday, August 17, 2007

On The Way...

I was walking down the lane one day,
And I bumped into God on the way.
He’s no big person, as tall as me,
Enrobed in white, blossoming with glee.
His hair was knotted, a few strands flying,
His soft eyes bore tears, but he was not crying!

“Hello, my child,” He said to me,
His chest puffed out proudly.
“Come, let us leave for the sky,
To this earth say your last goodbye.
For your time has come, you mustn’t wait,
As you are Heaven’s newest bait!”

I listened calmly, but what to say I didn’t know,
To my home or the sky, which way should I go?
My end has come so fast? How?
I am still seven, should I die now?
My head was clogged, confused was I,
Without thanking my loved ones how could I die?

“What happened, young one, are you afraid?
Well let me tell you there’s been a fair trade!
I made a baby, a new life,
He has been sent to Oliver’s wife.
With his coming, you are going. Don’t be sad!
For you have made me make Oliver a dad!”

2 comments:

Neerja Bhatia said...

Hi Nikki

Amazing stuff!

Write some lighter stuff also :)

Cheers

Neerja

Team Urs & Mine said...

this is phenomenal stuff!! it is so very sad!